CAMP SWATARA FAMILY CAMPING CENTER – REGULATIONS:
1. All posted rules and staff direction must be followed.
2. Controlled Substances: Camp Swatara is a tobacco, drug, and alcohol free environment. No smoking, including vaping, or alcoholic beverages are permitted anywhere on the camp property.
3. Quiet Hours: Quiet time is enforced from 10pm to 7am daily. During these hours, public spaces, including the Fellowship Hall, pavilions, playgrounds, and other recreation areas, are closed. Children must be with their parents/guardians. Campers are asked to be respectful of those near them, especially if they need to drive in or out during quiet hours. The Camp Swatara staff reserves the right to ask persons making excessive noise to quiet down, even if quiet hours are not in effect.
4. Overnights: There is no overnight sleeping in public areas, including the Fellowship Hall, pavilions, playgrounds, and other recreation areas.
5. Pets: Pets must be kept on a 6 foot leash at all times and restrained from making excessive noise. Owners must clean up after their pets. Pets are permitted in Family Camp cabins. Pets are NOT permitted in the Fellowship Hall, pavilions, or splash pad.
6. Dress Code: Modest dress is expected in the campground and at the pool. Attire should be appropriate to a Christian environment.
7. Fires and Firewood: Fires must be kept small, supervised, and in control. Fires may only be built within established fire rings. Under no circumstances may fire rings be moved. Firewood and fire starters are available for purchase. No firewood obtained offsite may be brought onsite. Standing trees may not be cut. Fires must be fully extinguished prior to departure. Cut firewood is not allowed to be brought onsite at Camp Swatara. This policy is in an effort to be good stewards of the Camp property, and seeks to minimize the negative impact of invasive insect species that damage the forest. Leftover firewood can be left at the campsite or returned to the woodshed. The policy also works to comply with a Berks County Firewood Quarantine and PA State Law that seeks to reduce transportation of invasive species like the Emerald Ash Borer, Wholly Edelgid, and the Spotted Lantern Fly.
8. Vehicles and Traffic: Camp Swatara is a pedestrian-first site. Pedestrians have the right-of-way. All vehicular and bike traffic must yield to pedestrians. Speed limit for all traffic at camp is 5mph. The road next to the Fellowship Hall is closed during worship on Sundays from approximately 10:00-11:00am to maintain a respectful worship atmosphere.
9. Parking: Only one vehicle may be parked at each site. Additional vehicles must be parked in Visitor Parking as indicated on the campground map.
10. Bicycles and Other Personal Transportation: Bicycles are permitted Saturday- Thursday between the hours of 8am and dusk (as listed in the bulletin). No biking on Friday. Bikers must observe the posted speed limit of 5mph and yield to allvehicular and pedestrian traffic. Bikers under 12 years old must wear an appropriately sized helmet designed for biking activities. Skateboards, long boards, mountain boards, skates, scooters, hover boards, etc. are not permitted.
11. Golf Carts: Family Camping Center users with medical conditions requiring a state handicap pass or necessitating transport may use personal golf carts with permission from Family Camp staff. The person with the medical condition must be on the golf cart as either the driver or a passenger. All driver requirements (at least 16 years old with a valid driver’s license) must be met and all pertinent on-site traffic rules must be followed. Mini-bikes and ATV’s are not allowed. For the safety of all campers, golf carts are restricted to use on FCC roadways and open spaces. Please refrain from driving golf carts around or near the lake.
12. Aquatics: Use of Camp Swatara watercraft and swimming pool is only permitted when supervised by certified camp staff. Family Camp guests may bring and use private, non-motorized watercraft after completing a Private Boat Use Form in the Family Camp Store. All posted rules and regulations must be followed. Life jackets/PFD’s must be worn by all persons using watercraft at all times. Persons under 12 must have an adult with them in the boat. Adult supervision is required for creek and splash pad play.
13. Pool Access for Persons with Mobility Issues: Family Camping Center users may not drive into the resident camping and retreat area. The exception is persons with mobility issues who may request permission from Family Camp staff to drive through the West Area and park near the pool as directed by waterfront staff. A pool pass must be obtained in the Family Camp Store and displayed in the vehicle windshield.
14. Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVS)/ Drone Policy: To ensure the safety and enjoyment of all our campers, guests and visitors, Camp Swatara strictly prohibits the operation of or use of any unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVS), commonly known as DRONES, on, from, or above the Camp Swatara premises without specific written permission from our Camp Swatara Director(s) and / or our Family Campground Manager. This includes all UAVS regardless of size, weight, or purpose. We do allow the use of the Camp Store, Mini Flyer “toy” ones. All drones requiring registration with the FAA or that contain a camera are prohibited. Drones weighing more than .5lbs (8oz.) require registration with the FAA. We encourage using one of the play fields or an open area on site for enjoying these items.
15. Weapons Policy: For the safety of everyone, guests are prohibited from bringing weapons onto Camp Swatara Property. Examples of weapons include, but are not limited to, firearms and ammunition (including but not limited to bow and arrow or any other object generally considered to be a weapon and whose purpose is to cause harm to another person), fireworks, firecrackers, sparklers and noise makers. "Weapons" do not include camping tools, such as pocket knives, hatchets, kitchen and cooking utensils, when used for their intended camping related purposes. Please use pocket knives and other camping tools safely.