Resident Camp Policies
For the welfare of our campers
Camp Swatara strives to provide a safe and fun atmosphere for campers to explore relationships with one another, God and creation. There are certain guidelines that campers are expected to follow while participating in programs offered at Camp. Please review the information below before making the decision to send your camper to Camp Swatara.
- Campers are expected to cooperate and participate in all activities of camp.
- Campers are not permitted to leave camp mid week and then return to the program. If a camper chooses to leave, he/she is not permitted to return to camp later that same week.
- Clothing, including swim suits, is expected to be modest. Bikinis and men's speedo briefs are not permitted. Two piece girls' suits are permitted so long as no midriff is showing. Girls' shirts should be modest and should not include halter tops or spaghetti straps. T-shirt designs and writing should not be suggestive or in poor taste.
- Shoes must be worn at all times. Sandals must have a back strap. Flip flops are only permitted in the bathroom or cabin and on the pool deck.
- Campers are not permitted to use the camp phone or a cell phone. Use of these items disrupts the community formed during the week of camp.
- The following items are not permitted at camp:
- Electronic devices (including cell phones, pagers, digital cameras, etc.)
- Food, candy, gum, soft drinks
- Alcohol, tobacco products
- Weapons, pocket knives, fireworks
- Inappropriate reading material
Call Camp prior to registration if you have any questions regarding these policies.
A note to parents
For your child to receive the most from camp, and to limit distractions to the camping program and other campers, it is important that your child stay the entire week. When registering for camp, check your calendar to avoid conflicts with sporting events, family vacations, & other previous commitments. Times for camps are listed in the brochure. Select a week that allows your child to spend the entire time with us from registration through closing.